Pin

June 19, 2012

Sowing & Sewing

There has been a bit of of both going on around here.  June has seen the priority of sewing slip a bit these warm days.  Still, there has been a bit of both going on.


Peas and carrots and a new bunch of lettuces just sprouting.  I hope those little lettuces can withstand the formidable heat we are having now.  Those nice, warm, breezy days have slipped by and we are on to the full fledged heat of summer.  In fact, its been record breaking highs here for the past two days so the gardening is done early in the day.  The rest of these hot days are best spent indoors with a glass of iced tea or lemonade and a stitching project or a book in hand.  And that is precisely what I plan for today.  I've finished an embroidery project...The Strawberry Tablecloth!  (from Embroidery Companion by Alicia Paulson).  I love it and can't wait to put it to use!


(Linking to Fabric Tuesday @ QuiltStory!  and Made by Me @ JAQ's Studio!  Head over to be inspired!)


Started a new one...Sarah Jane's Make it do.




 and I'm still working on one from several weeks ago (the LouLouthi Quilt).




There is also summer reading to be done.  I'm re-reading a couple of books right now:  Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and Dante's Inferno.  (Not my usual light summer reading but my oldest boy is reading it and he has questions that I do not remember and I'd like to have an intelligent and correct answer for him.  For instance, who was Beatrice? )   Not to worry though, I do have plenty of light reading available from a recent trip to the library and JoAnns! 

I will be back to show a couple of other sewing related projects and to show a project for PCH!  I'm excited about this one!  It has been on my to do list for so long now and I have all the parts and pieces and most importantly, the motivation!  Sandra's post for June for the PCH project was so inspiring!   For now I will leave you with this:  Our guilty looking MinChi.   He figured out how to open the cabinet and take the treat bag out.  Bad pup!


Hope your summer is off to a great and not too hot start!  Have a great day!  God Bless!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  ~Galatians 5:22-23

love, Lisa

No comments: