Pin

August 13, 2012

Finally...A Granny

It took quite some time but I finally have been bitten by the Granny Square bug!  It all started with a simple coaster idea.  I needed a coaster for my bedside table and I'm not sure why I didn't just take one from one of the several sets around the house but it was a good excuse to make a really quick, little tiny project.


It was the perfect size for using up some itty-bitty scraps of some favorite prints.  The finished block measures at 5" square.  The finished coaster measures at 4.5" square.  Perfect size for a cup or a glass to sit next to my bed.


It's flowery goodness is such a nice addition to my dark table.  Of course I have plans to make several more.  I could use one or two for my sewing space as well.  I'll be making a set out of different fabrics as, sadly, I do not have more of these little flowery Lecien scraps.


I've also made a new pincushion that I can't wait to show!  It is from a wonderful book that I got a few weeks ago.  I'm hoping for more sewing time in the near future, once school starts back up here.

Hope you have a great week!  Be well!

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. ~Philippians 4:1

love, Lisa

2 comments:

legato1958 said...

Your coaster is darling! And a great way to use a granny square!

Wendy said...

what a fantastic way of using grannies, it's so cute!