Pin

August 29, 2012

Last WIP Wednesday of Summer

In just a few days it will be September.  September!  Where did the summer go?  I mean, it is still hot, hot, hot here in Colorado with temperatures this week in the 90's but I've noticed a few of the neighborhood trees with yellow leaves and the evenings are pretty cool.  To me September marks the beginning of Autumn.    We are already in our second week of school and football season is here (Go Broncos!  Go Rams!)

And this will be what I consider, the last WIP Wednesday of the summer.  I'm glad to be back on track with some daily sewing and creating.


I've been able to play with some new fabrics and start a few new things.  And there are a couple of projects that I moved to the back burner but hope to get back out soon.


The quilt for my mom is coming along.  I have 15.5 blocks done and I just need 14 more.


These are pretty 2.5" strips that I cut into squares for a pouch project I'm working on.


This is a rag rug.  It is made from some old valances that were left here in our house when we moved in.  I briefly read the instructions from an old book and then went to it.  I'll have to find the book again to see if I'm doing it correctly.

And finally, I've decided on a project for a lovely stack of fabric that I've not had for long but has been calling to me to be used for something pretty!


That is quite a few projects but like I said, I've been able to sew each day so I have high hopes to get at least one or two of these done quite soon!  I'll be happy to be able to share something finished!  

I pray you each are blessed and happy and have time to sew and create!

...For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. ~Ruth 1:16

love, Lisa

1 comment:

Shontelle said...

You have been very busy! I love your French General granny squares - lovely and classic.