Pin

August 20, 2012

Weekend Sewing

"...the key to success is preparation."  Heidi said that on  a post regarding the Friday Night Sew In.  It is the truth!  I know from experience that having a project ready to go makes all the difference in how much I accomplish during this sewing time or any sewing time for that matter!


What I had in mind was a couple of pincushions.  I prepped fabric for a granny square and I had the parts already cut and mostly sewn up for another Buttercup pincushion.  The hand sewing/putting together actually took me some time on Saturday to finish but all in all, I consider it a successful night of sewing as both are now done!


For the Buttercup Pincushion I changed a couple of things up this time around.  Well, really I just omitted a step...I did not stitch around the turned leaves or petals.  I like how it looks on this one but in the future, I think I'll definitely add the stitching.


I just love that little strawberry print!  I placed it in a little cup that I bought at a garage sale with this very purpose in mind.  And it fit!


Also on my list for sewing was another granny square project and this one was easy, quick and fun!


Plus, I got to use up some very small scraps I've had around forever.  That was nice.


And then I found the perfect trim and button.  I don't have a picture of the before, but trust me, the trim and button make it much cuter!


That was it.  I finished the projects I had intended and it was a great time to relax and sew.  I'm eagerly awaiting another FNSI!


*Edited to add links to JAQS Made by Me Linky and Fabric Tuesday!  Lots of fun stuff over there.


 
 Fresh Poppy Design

I'm off to put together a dresden now.  Have a wonderful week!

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...~ Proverbs 1:7

love, Lisa

10 comments:

Wendy said...

gorgeous pincushions! i can't decide which I like best, but then I don't suppose I have to, do I?

Heidi said...

Oh boy! I love the Granny pincushion. But the flower is adorable too!.

I've been eyeing the granny squares recently and plan on making one soon.

I'm so glad you joined the FNSI this month.

Karen said...

Congrats on winning the FNSI! I love your blog and just became your newest follower! Adorable stuff here :)

Karen@sewmuch2luv.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Congratulations on winning FNSI...
Love both the pincushions..

Jeanette said...

Love the pincushion. Congratulations on winning FNSI. Hugs

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on being the winner for FNSI and for making such great projects too!

Anthea said...

Fabulous pincushions, and well done on your FNSI win! Using the little cup to place the flower in is such a great idea

Cindy said...

This is absolutely adorable! And congrats on the win!!

Janine said...

Your pin cushions are gorgeous!

Katie said...

I love the granny square pin cushion!