Pin

October 8, 2012

Pretty As A Function

Happy Monday!  I'm happy to have a simple little sewing project finished up to show you today!  And I'll get to link up to a couple of my favorite linky parties as well...{Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday!

Fresh Poppy Design
                                                               

I cant wait to see what sewing is going on and maybe get more ideas and inspiration for Christmas projects!

Here's what I've come up with so far.  I finally got around to making the kitchen hand towels that I've been dreaming up for several months now.  These are kind of a combination of features I've seen on kitchen towels popping up around the internet...probably on Pinterest.


I loved the ruffles I'd seen and I liked the idea of having a loop on the top to attach to the oven door handle so I combined them into these little ruffly hand towels.  Then I just added matching hot pad to make it a nice kitchen gift.


I made three sets using the Vintage Modern layer cake with quite a bit of fabric left over for more.  And I made one for Fall/Thanksgiving with some fall fabrics from JoAnns.


Next up will be a couple of sets made with some Christmas fabrics.  I know these may not be the most useful item in the kitchen.  Maybe the ruffles are not appropriate for cleaning spills and drying dishes but they are pretty, I think.  And pretty is a function, too, isnt it?


So now I think I will be making a couple sets of these using some Christmas fabrics.  I'm excited to get to those ones but first I have a few quilt projects to work on and a certain pirate costume that is going to demand my attention.  Oh, and speaking of Christmas I'm going to link up also to the Handcrafted Holiday group over on Flickr.  I'm sure there will be lots of ideas for other holiday projects to be had!  How is your holiday sewing coming along?  

                                                 

God bless and have a good week!

love, Lisa



12 comments:

Kristan said...

These are so cute! The towels have inspired me to make a set to go with the hot pads I'll be stitching up for gifts. Thanks for the idea!

QuiltyGirl said...

I love the ruffles. And the hanging loop is always so handy. Lovely gifts!

Toni said...

Very cute! I've seen those around, too, and have been wanting to make some. Having a cute holiday towel hanging on the oven is always fun!

Jenniffier Kramer said...

Those are very darling.

Kelly said...

Oh I love these. So cute!

Carla said...

Love those hexies in your header!

Katie B. said...

Lovely! This is a great gift idea.

Heather D. said...

Very sweet ruffles. I love this project. Almost too nice to use!!

Anonymous said...

would it be possible to translate your web-site into spanish because i have difficulties of speaking to english, and as there usually are not numerous pictures in your internet site i’d prefer to go through a fantastic of what you may be writting

Carol Scheurich said...

So pretty!

mindingmomma said...

what a great gift idea

Dana Lynne said...

I love these towels! I'm already planning my xmas gifts for 2013 and these are going on the list!