Pin

January 16, 2013

Same WiP's Different Wednesday


Happy WiP Wednesday!  (Click the button to see the others linking to WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!) So many projects, so little time, right?  Sadly, most of the wips from last week are still wips this week.  There is one exception.  I finished the baby quilt this morning!  Just in time, too.  The baby was born last night and I cannot wait to meet her and give her the quilt made just for her!




This quilt is made up of cottons and flannel with some minky thrown in on the back.  I was so pleased at how easy it was to use when I first tried it that I decided to use the left over fabric on this quilt.  I love it!  It is so soft and snuggly for a little one.  I hope she gets lots of use out of it.
I also worked on a little project that came to me mostly finished.  I was gifted some old fabric that included these little bibs with french knot lambs.


I added some pink ric-rac, pretty pink fabric on the back and some more pink topstitching to finish it off.  I like the results.  I have two more plain ones that I will dress up for the ladies at church to use for gifts.

All this plus the projects from last week:  the Valentines table runner that I started last year is still in progress,


this quilt now has its fourth and final row added:


This quilt is very large (I'll have to measure) and it has quite a bit of white space so I'm not sure how to quilt it.  It will surely take some pondering to decide.  Any ideas for me?  Do you think this would be a good candidate for tying?  I've always wanted to tie a quilt.

Lastly, I'm still working on some Valentine themed projects.  Plus I have one or two that I'd like to start.  And I'm working on my "One Little Word" embroidery still.  Not much progress there.  Maybe this week?

How are your projects coming along?  I'd love to know I'm not the only one who gets stuck and puts projects aside for a year before looking at them again!  Be well, dear Readers and good luck with your projects!  God Bless you!

 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,  even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved) ...~Ephesians 2:4-5

love, Lisa

5 comments:

ScissorsandThread said...

Love the baby quilt and the bibs look so cute now!

Katie B. said...

I really love your baby quilt!

Katie B. said...

I really love your baby quilt!

Hazel said...

oh my gosh what a very lucky baby! I'm sure her Mom will be thrilled :) The bibs are dotey too :) Hazel x

Abby said...

Cute quilts! I love the granny square quilt and how you offset the blocks. Such a cute, fun, different idea!