Pin

September 2, 2013

10 Things for Summer Recap

Wow!  Where did August go?  For that matter, the whole summer??









When I first made the list (along with many others) way back in July, I remember thinking that Summer seemed to stretch out in front of me.  Clearly the long, hot, busy days came crashing together in an enormous head on collision with Labor Day weekend, which is what I consider the "end" of summer.  Even though the temperatures here in sunny California will still be in the upper 90's and even low 100's, after Labor Day is when I start to think about all things Fall.  Usually, I begin longing for Fall when school starts and I kind of consider the First Day of School like a new beginning, A New Year.  I did manage to get a few of the items on my 10 Things list crossed off.

1.  Get Family settled.  Done!  Well, this is one of those ongoing projects but we are more than well on our way!

2.  Paint and upholster the little bench.  Not done...but I made a substitution!  I refinished the little side table that I have also had forever and I really do love it now!

3.  Finish July quilt for Peace circle.  Not done.  But this is the next item up to be worked on!

4.  Quilt and bind Mom's quilt.  Done!  Love it and I hope she does, too!

5.  Hand quilt and bind Heart String quilt.  Done!  Already hung on the wall!

6.  Finish Posy hexy project.  Not done.  I'm actually embroidering and appliqueing this one now.

7.  Start Christy's Bear Paw quilt.  Not done.

8.  Make list for Christmas handmade.  Done!  Though the list will be tweaked until Christmas!

9.  Finish Bible reading plans early.  Done!

10.  Finish King Ripple.  Not done.  What can I say?  I still haven't touched this one.

6 out of 10 is not bad!  And I plan on working on this list as is for a couple more weeks.  Plus, if I'm honest, I will more than likely not even touch the crochet ripple so it should come off the list completely.  That leaves just three projects to go!  I'm going to get busy on them now!

God bless you, Friends! Have a wonderful September!

 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? ~Micah 6:8

love, Lisa

2 comments:

Carla said...

What a beautiful quilt. I really like the addition of the embroidery

hydeeannsews said...

maybe you didn't finish all you wanted to, but you sure did get some beautiful projects completed or at least worked on! please come link up your epp project to my party at splish splash stash. it'd be a great addition. =)