Pin

November 8, 2013

A Friday Finish

One of the things I love most about sewing is that I get requests for special items.  Granted, sometimes the requests are of the sort that I do not love, namely, mending but for now can we focus on the special items?  Yeah.  I'll do that for now.


My middle child chose this fabric from my favorite fabric store back in Colorado, Fancy Tiger.  While I love this fabric it is not something I would have picked.  Not sure why.  He loved it and said, "I would like you to make me a little pillow with this fabric."  That was, oh, about 8 months ago!  Here is your pillow, Boy!


This pillow couldn't be any more simple.  I just made a quilted panel of the fabric and found a nice accent color for a wee, little, .75" border.  The back is finished with an envelope closure also with a bit of the accent fabric.


It really is nice fabric by Lotta Jansdotter.  It feels so nice, too.  One and a half inch spaced diagonal quilted lines is all the embellishment I added.  This lets the fabric he liked so much take center stage.  I'm glad he likes it!


Now to make another pillow that was requested by my other boy also many months ago.  He chose his fabrics, too.  This one will not quite have the same modern feel as his brothers, I'll just say that!


Now I finally have a project to show for Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts so I'm linking up today!  And I just read that she is in Colorado!  How lovely!

Have a great weekend, happy sewing, and God bless!

love, Lisa

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

what a nice fabric, and simple quilting allows it to stand out.
Good work
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

bevkimmel said...

I think he has good taste! I love it!