Pin

December 18, 2013

One Project; Two WiP's

Happy {wip} Wednesday!  How is your holiday sewing getting on?  Since I did not do a lot of Christmas projects and I'm saving any big starts for after the 25th, well, there was time for a personal project.


Since we moved to California I do not have a dedicated room for sewing.  There is a closet right outside my bedroom that hold my supplies and my machine sits on a {very ugly} black table.


It really needed some help.  So it is getting a new knob, a coat of paint and a glass top.  Then there was the problem with the threads.  They are everywhere when I sew.


The easy part was selecting fabrics from my stash to make a cute little thread catcher.  This is the one I had in mind to make because it also had a little pincushion.  Then I went to Pinterest.  Big mistake.


The simple idea of a thread catcher + pincushion now has buttons and pockets and a mat for the sewing machine.  Yep.

 
The good news is the table has its first coat of paint, all I have left is the bindings to sew down by hand and the best part, this project (both parts) was totally free.  I'm so happy about that.

God Bless and enjoy the rest of the week!

And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. ~Luke 2:7 ESV

love, Lisa

3 comments:

Sara said...

Such pretty cross stitch fabric:)

Sorry you don't have a dedicated space to sew...hope you can carve more space out for yourself. Every quilter deserves his/her own area to be creative. Can't wait to see the desk when it is all painted and new!

GemiGina said...

Ahem! I remember that "ugly" table! Glad to see it traveled well!

Paula said...

I can't wait to see what you made - I have been wanting a thread catcher too!