Sherri (of the beautiful blog A Quilting Life) posted today about 10 things to get done this summer. She invited others to join in on this fun, so I am. I figured that WiP Wednesday is such a help to me in keeping projects weekly that this will be a great help in keeping track of a few goals over this three month period.
I'm keeping this very simple and realistic in hopes that I will finish each and every one of them! Here goes:
1. Get my family settled. This move to California has been wonderful for each of us and
soon we will be setting down roots and moving forward.
2. Paint and upholster the little yard-sale bench I've had for nearly 3 years now! I've been meaning
to get this done for so long and it will be really cute when finished. I'm so excited for this one!
3. Finish the July quilt for the Peace circle. I've asked for little house blocks and I think this is going to
be really cute, at least in my mind it is super cute and although I haven't actually received any blocks yet
but I know how I am with these quilts...I procrastinate. Once I have all the blocks in hand, I hope to
have it quilted, bound and ready to hand off before Fall rolls in.
4. Quilt and bind my Mom's quilt. This has been a long time coming for her and I would love, love, love
if I could have it to her before her birthday in September.
5. Hand quilt and bind Heart String quilt. This has been a favorite of mine since Katie requested these
blocks back in April. I made a few of them and I would like to make more. I finished one for my sister
and I'm making this one for our new home. I'm just not sure how to quilt it. I know I want to hand quilt
but that is as far as I've gotten.
6. Finish Posy hexie project. This one is coming on nicely since I've been able to hand stitch these little
guys. Now I just need to get it on the back and do the hand quilting and embroidery.
7. Get started on Christy's Bear Paw quilt. I have the design. I have the fabric. I just need to do it!
8. Make a list of Christmas hand-made gifts. And then actually get started on them. One of the items
on this list is going to be a Christmas quilt for my family. I've wanted one for many years and almost
bought one last year but decided I would much rather make it!
9. Finish my Bible Reading plans early. I've been going through the plans on the MacArthur Study
Bible for iPad and I would like to have them all done ahead of time. There are several books that I have
waiting to start but I want to do this before I start them so I can move onto a Bible Study for Fall.
10. Finish my King Ripple. This has been going on too long. I. must. finish. this. once. and. for. all.
That's it! Sounds do-able. No. 7 & 8 are questionable because they are so open ended. A list can always change and what does it mean to get started? Since I know what I'm going to do and have the supplies to do it, can I check that one off now? Hmmm....
Did you make your list for summer? Have a good one and God Bless You!
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.~Galatians 6:2 (NKJV)