Pin

January 13, 2014

2014 Finish Along Q1

It's time for the 2014 Finish Along hosted by The Littlest Thistle.


You know, at first I was tempted to whip out all of my works in progress and link up to the Finish Along because I do love the idea of "putting it out there" to make myself accountable.  Subsequently, knowing myself, I would have stressed and over-thought each and every project and quite possibly put them together in such a way that would have left me feeling unsatisfied with the finish.


I know this because I've done it before.  So, very quickly I decided to add just a couple to a list that I would like to see done sooner rather than later.  I really want to have time to start new things and put some focus into other areas without stressing myself out.  I know I should not stress about these little things but inevitably, I do.  As an exercise in moderation, I'm holding myself to just two for this round.  Both are projects that are mostly done.


First is this Granny Square quilt top.  I love the block itself but the colors just don't speak to me and that is why it got put aside in the first place.  I have a renewed interest in this one because I would like to donate a quilt and I think this would be a good candidate.  And the top is finished and I made the back this morning!


Second is the Posy Hexie project I started last summer while we were moving from Colorado to California.
Still not sure what this will end up like but I have a few ideas.  I love that little girl reading under the tree in a tent.  I'm not sure how the tent came about but I like it more now that I haven't seen it in awhile.

And that is it!  Nothing very pressing;  just a couple of quick projects I should be able to finish by March!
Did you join the Finish Along?  If so, good luck and happy sewing!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. ~1 Corinthians 9:24 ESV

love, Lisa

1 comment:

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, love that wee girl in her tent! Good luck :o)