Pin

January 17, 2014

Economy Block Along

Except for a washing, this quilt is done!  I do like it so much and believe it or not, it was so fun to just follow the pattern as is!  I made no changes to this quilt whatsoever and I'm quite proud of that.


If you are on Instagram or Flickr you may have seen this little block making many appearances lately.


The block finishes at 5" x 5" and I made 100 blocks so (while I haven't measured) I suppose the quilt is about 50" x 50".  This is kind of a small quilt and it is square which I normally do not like but for some reason I think this one is fine.  Incidentally, I basted two quilts at the same time and both are square.  I may be changing my mind about square quilts.


 The backing was made from Kona Tarragon and a fat quarter of dear Stella little tents and trailers.  I love the colors in that print.  The purple binding is La-Dee-Da by Erin McMorris.


I did the quilting very simply with some straight lines on the diagonal because I loved the way it looked on someone else's pillow but I don't remember who that was.


I do really like this one and I'm glad to say that I have my first finished quilt of 2014!  What a fun project this was and joining it on a whim and simply following the directions made this a relaxing process through and through.  Linking up with CrazyMomQuilts today for Finish it Up Friday!  Enjoy the weekend and Happy Sewing!  God Bless!

Let all that you do be done in love.  ~1 Corinthians 16:14 ESV

love, Lisa

9 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

I really love the way your quilt turned out, the back is perfect too!!

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on your finish. I love the quilting, the binding, the fat quarter on the back, and I love that little 5" block! This makes me want to do one, but I have too many balls in the air right now. I'll just add it to my bucket list for now. LOVE scraps too!

Carla said...

I love it. These blocks are so fun to do!

Sara said...

This quilt is so enjoyable to look at! Especially the pinks and yellows,so,so pretty!

The straight line quilting really makes these blocks stand out proudly:)

Mad Cat Quilts said...

Looks great! Love the backing you chose!

Leanne Parsons said...

It looks fantastic! I love the quilting too. It looks so crisp on the back.

SarahZ said...

What a cute way to use a fat quarter! Congratulations on a fun finish, too!

Wendy said...

it's fab! You did such a good job, and so quickly!

hydeeannsews said...

it has such a sweet, vintage look! and you didn't even modify anything. =) I tend to do that a lot, too. once in a while it's nice to just make it according to directions.