Pin

January 8, 2014

First WiPs of 2014

It is WiP Wednesday today and while it is the second Wednesday of this brand new year, this is the first Wednesday that I have worked on new projects.  Documenting here is a way to stay on track and, hopefully, keep this list fluid rather than stagnant.  For now I am choosing to ignore the other works in progress because these are the only ones getting any attention at this time.  :)


I've just two projects going on right now but both are rather large.  I jumped into the #economyblockalong  on Instagram (later over on Flickr) and I've been busy making economy blocks, otherwise known as square in a square blocks, at least a couple of hours a day.


The first 25 went fairly quickly and I was so excited to see this one coming together.  


Then hundreds of triangles later (512 to be exact!) I was up to 64 blocks out of 100!


I'm currently on the final leg of this top and I hope to finish soon.  Then my plan is to try it again.  I'll explain that later.  

And finally, my second project involves hand sewing.  I've been wanting a new embroidery project and I have been wanting to re-make or rather re-imagine a project I made several years ago.  


I liked it enough to leave it as it is but I wasn't very good at quilting, I measured the border incorrectly, and the stitching is so plain.  I want to make a Valentine garden again but this time a little different.  And a lot better!  So far I have a plan, a sketch, a new kind of fabric to try embroidering on and a few hexies.  It's a start.


I hope your week is going well!  Thanks for visiting!

give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus...~1 Corinthians 1:4 ESV

love, Lisa

5 comments:

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

I always say quilting is my yoga. Making all those square in a square blocks would setup a repetitive soothing rhythm for me. (It might drive other folks batty, though.) Your heart pillow is beautiful.

Lindsey@InspiringCreations said...

Lisa, your blocks are coming together quite nicely! That pillow is absolutely darling! You did a fantastic job!

I am giving away a fat quarter bundle on my blog this week. I would love for you to stop by and enter! Happy New Year!

Inspiring Creations Giveaway

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Oh Lisa, I LOVE your Valentine pillow! I've pinned it for future inspiration. Your square in a square is coming along nicely too. I can imagine a zen place when doing that. Well done!

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Glinda ♥ said...

Oh I love your economy blocks, what great colours! And your hexagons remind me to pack mine on my ski trip :)

Wendy said...

beautiful projects. I love the quilt top, they're such fab blocks, I might have to get in on that! I think your cushion will be gorgeous too. I'd love to join in WIP Wednesdays but I work full time and so only get a chance to take photos at weekends.