Pin

January 31, 2014

Granny Squares

This quilt that was started back in January of 2012 is now {finally!} finished.


It was originally going to be for my Mom before we decided on a different layout with slightly different fabrics.  Now I was hoping to give this to my quilting friends back in Colorado so they could donate it but since my quilt lines came out less than perfect I think I will try again and keep this one.


I did the quilting by making one large X through the center and then adding parallels in V-shapes in each quadrant approximately .5" apart.  That measurement varies a bit throughout!


It took forever but I like the dense quilt lines.  I'm betting it will be even better once it is washed and gets all crinkly.  To make the finishing process even more speedy I used a  bias binding I had previously made and I sewed it down on my machine rather than by hand.  


This quilt finish is one of two that I had put on my list for the Finish-Along 2014 Q1.  I'm so pleased that this is done.  It feels really good to have something usable and check it off the list!  Linking up with Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Thanks for visiting!  God bless and have a great weekend  :)

Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. ~James 5:16 NKJV

love, Lisa 

4 comments:

Quilt Musings said...

I think your quilting looks great! And I love the quilt! What a wonderful finish!

Karen Rowland said...

I really like this quilt. The colors an quilting are outstanding!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

It's a beautiful quilt and I am sure you are just being your own worst critic - the quilting looks fantastic!

Leanne Parsons said...

The quilt is beautiful! The dense quilting looks great with those blocks.