Pin

January 21, 2014

Japanese Pouch Tutorial

Did you happen to see this tutorial on Pinterest?  And then did you see the Pretty By Hand version?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Knowing that Valentine's Day is swiftly approaching and that I wanted a cute little something to give some girls I know, well, I just could not help myself.  I got right to making them.


The tutorial is in Japanese and I do not read Japanese so I followed the photos as best I could and made certain concessions when I was unsure.  Like with the tags.  I don't have any pre-made tags so I had to improvise with a piece of ribbon and a Susan Branch stamp from long ago.


Mine are not nearly as cute as hers because she used the sweetest little print!  But I do like them and I think these will be appropriate for the recipients.  Hopefully I can squeeze in a few more of these sometime soon.


Today I made four pouches.  The process went pretty fast because I did all the cutting  at once and sewed the different parts at the same time.  Now that I see the photo I am not very pleased with the tags but I like the ribbon even better now.


This was a fun getaway from the larger projects I'm working on right now.  It is always good for me to have a small project, something immediately gratifying, and this fit the bill.


This was a sufficient break from some of those large projects but now I'm ready to get back to them.  Well, maybe in the a.m.!  Linking up with Fabric Tuesday over at QuiltStory!  Hope you all have a wonderful week!

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. ~2 Corinthians 4:7 ESV

love, Lisa

2 comments:

Allison said...

your little pouches are lovely :) I'm not sure I would be brave enough to try to follow a tutorial in a language I can't read, kudos to you!

Leanne Parsons said...

These are so cute! I probably would have just moved past a tutorial in Japenese, but you did a fabulous job of deciphering it.