Pin

January 3, 2014

One Little Word 2014 ~ Finish

Do you choose One Little Word each year?


I've been choosing a word for several years now.  For me it is an exercise in making small but conscious choices on a daily basis.  Having just one word-one reminder- to consider when taking on so many of the day to day decisions can be a very great aid to simplifying and clarifying these choices.  This year I chose the word Pray.   There were no resolutions or goals this year for me.  Only to pray.  To pray thanks, praise, help and everything in between.  To make my life a prayer.


Each year I try to incorporate my word into my daily life not only in thoughts and actions but in a tangible, visible way.  This year I made a notebook cover.  Usually I have a notebook with many things going on inside-lists, ideas, sketches of projects, quotes, Bible verses-so this year I deemed it necessary for my notebook to be pretty.


These little lovelies arrived just in time!  Thanks to Sherri at A Quilting Life!


I used the Printemps by 3Sisters 2.5" squares to make the notebook front and the hexie flower which became a mini-mini for a small frame.  I'm thinking I should have embroidered a few more of the little patchwork squares.  But this will do.


I'm always looking for new ways to infuse my one little word into my life throughout the year and these will be a good start for this new year.  This notebook will be well used.  

Linking up with Finish it Up Friday  at Crazy Mom Quilts!  Thanks for visiting!  I wish you all a wonderful weekend and God bless!

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV  

love, Lisa





4 comments:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Great choice of word! Love your notebook cover....did you have a tutorial?

Beth said...

This is so beautiful and inspiring!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Your work is beautifully done! What a lovely way to remind yourself of your inspiration.

Shauna said...

I adore your lovely notebook cover - such pretty colours. Love your word and yes, I did choose a word one year. Last year I did a blessing jar and this year I'm writing down quotes, bible verses or anything that resonates with me. I think it's good to reflect and what a perfect way you have chosen. Blessings!