Pin

April 8, 2014

A Mini Finish & A List

Hello!  Wow, is it ever starting to warm up here!  Spring has definitely sprung and all I want to do is soak it up.  How's the weather for you?

I had a burst of sewing a couple of weeks ago and I made this little table topper which can also be a mini wall hanging.


It is slightly different from the pattern for a table runner by Sherri McConnell.  I made it square for this little table and so it could be hung later.  I used a 2.5" Moda mini charm pack called Printemps by 3Sisters and some Kona Bone and finished with a binding I had on hand.


This was fun because it only took a couple of hours.  Currently it sits on the table in the entry.


Since last quarter of the Finish Along went so well for me, I thought I would try it again.  This time I am going to be a bit more ambitious.  First quarter I only had two items that I added to my list but for this second quarter I'm going for four!


1.  Farmers Wife.  I'm thinking I will just use the blocks I have currently made and then if I need a few more I'll just make them really quick.  This has been a WIP for far too long.


2.  Bear's Paws and 7-grid chain for Chris.  I made one block almost 2 years ago.  After a bit more fabric arrives I will have the pieces all cut up and ready to sew.


3.  Trip Around The World.  I think this will end up being a center and I will add lots of borders to it.


4.  This ripple that I started about 5(?) years ago.  Having this as a WIP still is just embarrassing!

*Edited to add a 5th item!

5.  Finish this embroidery that was started as a Valentine project.  Once the embroidery is complete I don't know what to do with it, though!

That is my list and I'm going to do my very best to finish these projects!  I think I can...I think I can...

Linking up my little mini to Fabric Tuesday!  And my list to the Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle!  Enjoy the day and God Bless!

Fresh Poppy Design       Finish Along 2014

There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. ~Mark 7:15 NKJV

love, Lisa

No comments: