Pin

June 24, 2014

Sewn Gifts

I have many nieces and I miss them each so much!  I am always on the lookout for cute things to make them, so much so that I started a Pinterest board for ideas.  Recently I was reading Tea Rose Home and saw her tutorial for these cute little quiet book pages and decided to make a couple for my youngest nieces.



I made mine scrappy and used a different method to finish them off with no raw edges (the tutorial did not specify how to accomplish this so I made a sandwich and sewed them right sides together and flipped them out).


Then I made backpacks for them to carry around some summer stuff.  (The bigger one is for the big sister!)




And of course, they have to be stuffed with summer stuff!  I love giving to these littles and I sure hope they enjoy it all!  I miss you girls so much!


  Linking up to Fabric Tuesday and JAQ's Made by Me!
*Edited to add:  Linking up to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, too.
One last thing...I feel so lucky!  I have been able to get organic produce for $0.50 per pound and have been making some wonderful lunches/dinners.  Today was this soup...Yumm!  (As with my sewing, I made just a few changes and did things more my way but it turned out great!  Everyone loved it and that is saying a lot around here!)


Can't wait to see what tomorrow's fruits and veggies turn into!  Have a nice night/day and God bless!

O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for You.  Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble.  ~Isaiah 33:2 (NKJV)

love, Lisa

2 comments:

quiltmania said...

Lovely little projects for the little ones!

hydeeannsews said...

those are some lucky nieces! how fun for you to make such girly little things. =)