Pin

June 20, 2014

Something Worth Mentioning...

Hello!  How is your summer going?  Busy?  I won't bore you with all of the "lots of this and so busy with that" words!  Suffice it to say that summer in California has been wonderful!


I've been following along with Sherri's Summer Organizing Series and it has been a huge help to get me back to my machine!  I have not done all of the organizing she suggested and I don't plan to but just doing the few things that I have chosen have been sufficient to get me back in the sewing groove.


Today was a big finish for me.  There was this little bench at a garage sale from about 3 years ago that I bought because I fully intended to re-do it someday.  This project has been on my Quilty Bucket List since I bought the bench!  Someday turned out to be this week and now I have a new (to me) bench!


The Quilt Gate + Clothwork Calico + linen were recent fabric purchases and were exactly what I was going for...a bit old fashioned and a bit Victorian.


We have a beautiful light that comes in through the back of the house in the early morning and it gives the dining area in the front of the house a warm, soft effect that I love.  I could not adequately capture it on my camera in a hurry when I came in to get the sandwich from the table to finally quilt it.


All over stipple made quick work of the quilting process and gave it the pucker-y goodness I love.


 The beautiful fabric ended up as a table runner, too.  The vanity needed something and a quick patchwork was all that I could muster this morning.


What a relief to have that bench covered and painted!  Really it was such an eyesore but I continued to use it knowing that it would one day be transformed.  I'm so happy that "one day" was today!  I'll be linking up with Finish it Up Friday and I'm looking forward to spending some time catching up on blog reading.  Have a great weekend and God Bless!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  ~James 1:2-4 (NIV)

love, Lisa

6 comments:

Kat said...

Great idea! That bench looks so cute now!

Carla said...

Very pretty! Looks like a comfy spot to get ready for the day ; )

Katie said...

I love the bench!

Sheri said...

That is the most gorgeous little bench I've ever seen! Great job!

Little Penpen said...

Oh my goodness.... your little bench is beautiful!! Love the quilted cover you made.

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your bench and patchwork runner turned out so pretty!