Pin

July 15, 2014

Littles + Life












Making littles (as I call them, which are just small projects that can be made in an afternoon) has been my relief not only from the heat but from those intermittent struggles of life.  Temperatures in the 100's for days on end, well, makes me want to stay indoors, sip iced tea and give continual thanks for the loveliness that is central air.  Plus life goes on even in the midst of hardships so why not make pretty things?  That is one of the joys of a quiet hobby like sewing: contemplation and mindful sorting can still take place while hands remain steadily busy.  And it does my heart good to produce useful and pretty things.  I really had been needing a place to keep my markers and index cards together with the notebook I use them with, so pencil pouches just made sense.  Very simple.  A patriotic block for Peace in June gave me some little triangles to play with that eventually became a couple of {much needed} new potholders.  June/July have had me in that mode of making things for my home.  Placemats (from AQuiltingLife for the Simply Small series) made with some new fabrics were a breeze.  Plums became jam in the evening hours of a strangely cool day a couple of weeks ago.  Potholders, place mats, super moon, jam; these are some of the little things that have been adding up to be a wonderful summer even when life throws something tough at you.  The puppy and miscellaneous photos from around my home are for my mom who has not yet been to visit and would like an idea of where we live. There ya go, Mom!  That table and chairs is going through a make-over.  One chair actually has been transformed and I am trying to decide if I should continue.  We shall see.  I'll be linking to Fabric Tuesday!  Another day I'll show you a big finish that ended up as a mini.  Until then, have a wonderful week and be blessed!

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. ~Isaiah 12:2 

love, Lisa   

No comments: